The Future Summit has been held annually since 2004 and has consistently focused on building a strong culture of innovation and driving entrepreneurship, central to securing a robust and resilient economy. The objective is to create a culture and new platforms which turn innovative ideas into economic activity, delivering growth and jobs.
Key to this initiative is bringing together young leaders and entrepreneurs and established businesses and experts, in a collaborative environment to provide stimulus, support and a climate where potential can unfold.
Each Future Summit program centres on a thematic concept, emerging from various factors and contexts in which it takes place. Each theme is explored through the following strategic sub-themes:
Future Summit Patron: His Excellency Major General Michael Jeffery AC CVO MC (Retd), Former Governor-General of the Commonwealth of Australia.
Previous Future Summit themes:
- 2004, Creating a Better World
- 2005, Investing in our Future
- 2006, Creating a Better Future
- 2007, New World Order 2.0
- 2008, Big Ideas Shaping the Future
- 2009, Priorities of a Post Crisis World
- 2010, Are the risks Manageable?
- 2011, Rethinking Australia - Securing our Future
- 2012, Volatility and Opportunities for Renewal
- 2013, China