The Australian Trade and Investment Commission – Austrade – contributes to Australia’s economic prosperity by helping Australian businesses, education institutions, tourism operators, governments and citizens as they:
- develop international markets
- win productive foreign direct investment
- promote international education
- strengthen Australia’s tourism industry
- seek consular and passport services.
We achieve this by generating market information and insight, promoting Australian capabilities, developing policy, making connections through an extensive global network of contacts, leveraging the badge of government offshore and providing quality advice and services.
We aim to create value for our business sector, and do it in a way that represents a good investment for the taxpayer. And we seek to do all this in a way that meets or exceeds all appropriate standards of ethical behaviour.
Our role is to advance Australia’s international trade, investment, education and tourism interests by providing information, advice and services.
- Help Australian companies to grow their business in international markets, including through administration of the Export Market Development Grants (EMDG) scheme and our TradeStart network.
- Provide coordinated government assistance to attract and facilitate productive foreign direct investment (FDI) into Australia.
- Promote the Australian education sector in international markets and assist Australian education providers with market information.
- Provide advice to the Australian Government on its trade, tourism and investment policy agenda.
Develop policy, manage programs and provide research to strengthen Australia’s tourism industry and to grow Australia’s tourism market share.
- Deliver Australian consular, passport and other government services in designated overseas locations.
Manage the Building Brand Australia program to enhance awareness of contemporary Australian skills and capability and enrich Australia’s global reputation.
See www.austrade.gov.au for more