ADC Forum is an Australian, non-political, not-for-profit leadership organisation which brings together leaders from business, government, the public sector, academia and the broader community to improve their understanding of key issues affecting Australia. The Australian Davos Connection became the ADC Forum in 2010.
While ADC Forum was originally founded in 1996 to: promote the World Economic Forum (WEF) within Australia; promote Australia’s interest within the broader WEF community; and share the richness of ideas within the WEF community to a wider Australian audience; the organisation’s charter has since expanded to include the broader aims of:
- Promoting business excellence by encouraging policy debate on global issues;
- Improving the quality of leadership;
- Enhancing Australia’s position in the region and the world;
- Encouraging Australian leaders to help improve the quality of life of all Australians;
- Encouraging Australia to play a responsible, and leadership role where appropriate, within the global community; and
- Exposing Australian leaders to international experts and key international leaders.
To achieve its mission ADC Forum has developed an integrated model of high-profile events, industry specific initiatives, information exchange and a leadership awards program. ADC Forum’s flagship initiative is the Australian Leadership Retreat, convened annually at the Palazzo Versace, Gold Coast. This ‘invitation only’ two and a half day Retreat brings together Federal Cabinet Ministers from Australia and Asia, State Premiers and Senior Ministers, Chief Executives from the top 100 companies in Australasia, senior government officials, leading international academics and other community leaders to discuss the key issues affecting the nation, the wider region, and the international community.
ADC Forum also offers a range of other initiatives ranging from Boardroom briefings and Corporate/Government consultations such as Canberra Connection, to high-profile one day summits focusing on critical issues such as the 2014 National Infrastructure and Cities Summit. ADC initiatives are renowned for their quality, the calibre of participants, and the frank and constructive sharing of views they engender.